One of my favorite salads from Sweetgreen is their guacamole greens salad. I don’t know why, but I just love it. I would rack up so many Sweetgreen points just from this salad, and every time I eat it, I remember those long days in the library during grad school, feeling nourished by this bowl. Time to re-create this for a delicious and EASY salad you can make any day of the week.
This recipe is so simple and truly a staple in my kitchen. Why continue to spend $10-12 dollars each time you want a salad, when you can make a huge portion for 2 with about the same amount of money, if not less. Check out how easy this recipe is on my Youtube video below:
Now, before you say anything, I KNOW I didn’t include the tortilla chips in this. But honestly, I always sub them out for something crunchy like sunflower seeds or seaweed. But you can totally add the crushed tortilla chips to the salad if your heart desires.
My favorite part of this salad is the dressing, which is made with cilantro, jalapeno, olive oil and some lemon or lime juice. Delicious. This salad is actually pretty easy to come together, and if you’ve meal prepped, you’re able to throw it together in a matter of minutes. The main make ahead portion of this salad is the grilled chicken breast. That’s it! Ready to give it a try? Grab the recipe below and let me know if you make it in the comments below!
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 of a small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For the salad:
- 1 bag mixed greens
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 green onions, chopped into 1/4 slices
- 1 cup grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl
- Add the dressing and toss until well coated
- Option to add tortilla chips on top!